Emma Butler-Cole Aiken
Stained glass artist
Window of Peace Photo credit E Butler-Cole Aiken
Dove of Peace Photo credit E Butler-Cole Aiken
I create using mostly the traditional, time-tested techniques of stained glass window making, learned at Edinburgh College of Art in the 1980s. I have created many commissioned windows for a variety of situations, the most significant of which is the ‘Tree of Jesse Window’ for Glasgow Cathedral in 2018.
I also create garden sculptures which are as as if a window has escaped and gone for a walk in the garden – a stained glass window you can walk through.
My small works include fused birds and other items made with English Antique Glass.
- 7th Jul - 27th Oct (Upcoming) (E)motion, The Enchanted Garden, Belgium
- May The International Year of Glass Garden, Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Solo, The Leith Gallery, 65 The Shore, Edinburgh
- SGS Endeavour, Peter Potter Gallery, Haddington
Grants & Awards
- 23rd Mar Individual Award, Creative Scotland
- Art and Craft in Architecture Commendation for 'Dove' rose window (Broxburn Parish Church), Saltire Society