Detail taken from a work in progress as part of the 'Rockpools' series of fused bowls.
With an analytical brain, glass is the perfect mix of art and science for me. I enjoy working out the technicalities of a piece as much as seeing my artistic vision become reality.
I have spent a lot of time travelling, but the west coast of Scotland has always felt like the place I call home. My work often takes inspiration from the stories, the landscapes and the communities of this part of the world.
- Shipping Forecast, SGS at the Coburg Gallery, Edinburgh
- European Glass Show, Contemporary Glass Society, Online
- CoGC End of Year Show 2016, City of Glasgow College, North Hanover Street, Glasgow
- Craftex 2016, Trades House, Glasgow
- Inside, Out, SGS at the Coburg Gallery, Edinburgh
- CoGC End of Year Show 2015, City of Glasgow College, Glasgow
- Craftex 2015, The Trades House of Glasgow, Glasgow
- End of season show, Pine Street Creative Arts Centre, Sydney, Australia
Grants & Awards
- Lady MacDonald Prize, Incorporation of Wrights, Trades House of Glasgow
- Selected for the New Graduate Review, Contemporary Glass Society
- Student Award (glass), City of Glasgow College
- SGS Travel Award, Scottish Glass Society