Stained glass and multimedia artist, who loves nothing better than to disappear into the process of creating work that has a story to tell.
My passion for stained glass probably started as a child with memories of sitting in Bewleys Café in Dublin with my Mum eating a bun whilst staring entranced at the Harry Clarke windows with delicate exotic birds and luminescent colours.
It wasn’t until about thirty years later that I started studying stained glass as a hobby at the Glasgow School of Art, then after seven years I felt the need to take my artistic practice to the next level and enrolled full time at the City of Glasgow College on their excellent HND Art Glass Design & Production. Since then I have become a member of the Glasgow Glass Studio and have also gone full circle to become a part-time teacher at the Glasgow School of Art in their Open Studio courses.
At a fundamental level, drawing underpins all of my artistic practice and glass feels a very natural medium for me too explore. I continue to push my creative process, looking for new skills which I can introduce into my artwork. My work often takes inspiration from memories (both mine and others) and emotions.
- September Stories - Whispers from the past and present, The Trades House, Glasgow
- August - November The Big Art Show , The Art Department, Paisley
- Journey 2021, SGS , online exhibition
- BSMGP Centenary Exhibition, BSMGP website, online
- The Art of Scottish Glass: 40 Years of the Scottish Glass Society, The Lighthouse, Glasgow
- SGS - Celebration!, The Trades Hall, Glasgow
- CRAFTEX 2019, The Trades Hall of Glasgow
- End of Year Show: HND Art Glass Design & Production, City of Glasgow College
- SGS - Glorious Glass, The Trades Hall , Gasgow
- CRAFTEX 2018, The Trades Hall of Glasgow
Grants & Awards
- Lady McDonald Certificate of Excellance, The Incorporation of Masons, Glasgow
- Deacon Convener's Design Prize, CRAFTEX 2019: The Trades House of Glasgow
- Stained Glass Panel - Advanced, CRAFTEX 2019: The Trades House of Glasgow
- Certificate of Distinction, The Incorporation of Wrights, Glasgow
- CRAFTEX 2018: Stained Glass Panel - Non Advanced, The Trades House of Glasgow