North Lands Creative is looking for a Treasurer to join its active Board. We are looking for people who are excited by the opportunity to work with a small and innovative charity and who share our values and enthusiasm to respond to a new era in the creative and community life of contemporary glass and deliver a broad range of high quality creative experiences for local, national and international artists, audiences and participants.
Responsibilities of Trustees and the Treasurer
It is the responsibility of all trustees to ensure that the charity is carrying out the purposes for which it is set up. This means that trustees should:
• Ensure that they understand the charity’s purpose as set out in its governing document
• Plan what the charity will do, and what they want it to achieve
• Be able to explain how all the charity’s activities are intended to further or support its purposes
• Understand how the charity benefits the public by carrying out its purposes
• Make sure that the charity complies with its governing document and charity law requirements
All trustees are expected to act responsibly, reasonably and exercise sound judgment in managing the charity’s assets, avoiding risk and reputational damage and ensuring accountability when tasks and decision-making is delegated to staff or volunteers.
How to apply
Please submit a CV and covering note outlining your interest in the role and any relevant experience you have. Queries about the vacancy and applications should be sent via email to:
Ian Giles, Chair
North Lands Creative, Quatre Bras, Lybster, Caithness, KW3 6BN
CLOSING DATE: Friday 29th January 2021
For more information: https://northlandscreative.co.uk/treasurer-opportunity/