North Lands Creative announces ‘Glass Nexus’ Forum
The Board and Team at North Lands Creative would like to extend a warm invitation to our 23rd Annual Forum. We are delighted to be working with forum partners Corning Incorporated Foundation and Creative Scotland to bring together this diverse community of artists and arts professionals to engage, debate and resolve the many challenges facing us.
Whether you’re an individual artist or managing a studio, an arts freelancer or working in a funded arts organisation, this year’s forum is about your concerns and our community.
The ‘Glass Nexus’ Forum will bring together a range of experts in the field of glass for two days of public thinking and private incitement to explore the hard questions we’ve been asking and the challenges we’re facing will be answered with some realistic, achievable and visionary possibilities. This is your forum, your opportunity to broker new relationships with guest speakers from China, Japan, Europe and the US.
This year’s MC, Dr Michael Rogers comments:
“I feel fully engaged when visiting North Lands Creative and always leave inspired, brimming with new ideas. I am thoroughly looking forward to bringing a fresh approach to the North Lands Creative Forum which explores new answers to old questions. The intimacy of a North Lands Forum is truly something that has to be experienced first hand!”
Past comments from our delegates include:
“The event was totally engaging, an eclectic section of excellent speakers gave talks on a diverse range of topics and all in a well catered for in a relaxed atmosphere. A chance for discussions with like minded people, to learn something new, I enjoyed every minute.”
Keynote speakers, panelists and demonstration artists for 2018
- Dr Inguna Audere, Professor Glass Art Department, Art Academy of Latvia
- Emma Baker, Artist, UK
- Dr Jane Cook, Chief Scientist, The Corning Museum of Glass, USA
- Meng Du, Lecturer at China Academy of Fine Art, Beijing, China
- Milan Hlaveš, Museum of Decorative Arts, Prague, Czech Republic
- Nadania Idriss, Director, Berlin Glas, Germany
- Alberto Lago, Designer, Venice, Italy
- Dr. Caroline Madden, National College of Art & Design, Ireland
- Masahiro Sasaki, Artist, Japan
- Amy Schwartz, Director, The Studio of The Corning Museum of Glass, USA
- Susie Silbert, Curator, The Corning Museum of Glass, USA
- Karlyn Sutherland, Development Manager, NLC Aspiring Communities Project
- Amanda Simmons, Artist, UK
- Bryony Windsor, Curator, The National Centre for Craft & Design, Sleaford, UK
- Ieva Zemite, Co-Director, Glasspoint, Riga, Latvia
- Jeff Zimmer, Artist, UK
- Lin Zhang, Director, Shanghai Museum of Glass, China
To book your early bird ticket (offer ends on 30th April) or to find out more information, please visit our website.