In October each year, the Worshipful Company of Glass Sellers entertains around 250 Liverymen and Guests at a glittering Banquet at the Mansion House in the heart of the City of London. Traditionally, the Master presents a ‘Favour’ to each guest. So we are looking for proposals from one or more artists to create 250 Favours with a total budget of £3,750.
THE 2015 BANQUET COMMISSION
Through commissioning Favours for the 2015 Banquet, the Master Glass Seller, Gwenllian Rhys, wishes to:
- promote the wider use of glassmakers to create limited edition pieces to a commercial brief
- encourage innovation and creativity in design and glass making
- support British designers and glass makers
- showcase the best of what British glass design and making can offer
- present Favours that reﬂect the theme of her year: Innovate | Communicate • encourage further orders of the Favours
The Glass Sellers’ Company is an inﬂuential organisation; so this is a worthwhile commission to win, especially as we will be promoting it extensively in the press.
DEADLINE: 30 JANUARY 2015
See the attached document for more information and application details.
Glass Sellers Commission