The 2020 Glass Nexus Forum brings together the glass community over three days to access experience, insight and new processes to realise their own projects and potential.
Are you interested in demonstrating at the Glass Nexus Forum in 2020? North Lands Creative invites you to apply for a chance to demonstrate alongside some of the biggest names in the world of glass.
- Up to 3 images of recent work
- Details of previous demonstrations undertaken
- Application deadline Friday 1st May 2020
- Please send your supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference: Demo 2020 or complete the application form below.
Terms & Conditions:
- All eligible applications will be viewed and selected by the Forum team.
- The Forum team will determine time and length of demonstration as per Forum guidelines.
- A demo fee will be provided.
- Demo artists are responsible for their own travel and accommodation.
- Any work made during the demos will be auctioned to fund future activities at North Lands Creative.
To Apply visit : https://northlandscreative.co.uk/demonstrators-wanted/
The full programme will be launched in June, in the meantime explore some of the forum demo highlights:
Our hot shop demo artists include Seattle glass artist, Dante Marioni (USA), who will also be delivering the keynote speech; Dante continues to push the limits of his craft. Using innovative and complex cane patterns on flawlessly crafted forms, Marioni successfully draws our attention to the optics and elegance of his contemporary glass sculptures.
Inspired by aspects of popular culture, Fredrik Nielsen (Sweden) assimilates graffiti, music, videos and performance within his practice as a glass artist creating large-scale works that challenge existing hierarchies within art and contemporary craft.
Nicola Moretti (Italy) fifth generation Murano master is a prolific designer who combines technical tradition with modernity exploring combination of computational design, 3D printing and fused glass mould casting using murrine.