Scottish Glass Society Awards 2022
The Scottish Glass Society Travel Award and The Hamilton Taylor Award are both valued at £250.
The SGS Travel Award assists students or recent graduates who have been working less than 5 years in glass, who wish to travel abroad to pursue their studies in glass art.
The Hamilton Taylor Award offers funding to artists who wish to attend a UK master class or other short glass course in pursuit of their studies in glass art.
Applicants do not need to be a current member of the Scottish Glass Society but must become one if applying. You can join here. There is no set application form; the application should include a 500 word statement (max) about your project, 4 images of recent work (jpegs) and a current C.V.
For the SGS Travel Award please include the following information:
– What work is proposed
– Where you would like to go
– How will it benefit your artistic career?
– An idea of the costs
– Have you approached other sources of Funding?
For the Hamilton Taylor Award please include the following information in your statement:
– Which Masterclass do you want to attend?
– When and where?
– How will this benefit your artistic career?
– An idea of costs
– Have you approached other sources of funding?
The awards are given on the following conditions:
- The successful applicant will write a report or article on the travel/course, for publication on the SGS website and/or the Journal.
- The award holder is to indicate the support of the SGS and Hamilton Taylor Studio in all reports, talks and correspondence covering the work for which the award was gained.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com or by post to Scottish Glass Society, Studio 10 at WASPS, 77 Hanson St, Glasgow G31 2HF.
Deadline for application 5pm, 30 June 2022.
Proposals will be assessed by the SGS Board. The applicant may be asked for further clarification/documentation. Please note that the award is not given to projects that have already commenced by the application date and the Society is not committed to give the Hamilton Taylor Award every year.
Hamilton Taylor Studio glass studio is based in the Southside of Glasgow and run by Gillian Hamilton and Sean Taylor. They work mainly to commission using kilnforming & flameworking techniques to create their range of decorative and functional glassware. The studio runs beginners classes in kilnforming, beadmaking and flameworking and has an online shop supplying flameworking glass & tools.