We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
This website claims no credit for any visual content posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this website are copyright of their respectful owners. We don’t sell or use images in any commercial way.
Information That We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. We do not charge a fee for this, but it may take a few weeks as we rely on volunteers for admin.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy and Cookies Policy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What data we keep:
- Postal address – for sending journal
- Email –
- for newsletter
- queries/info about exhibition submissions/sales
- expiry warning, renewal confirmation
- Phone no if provided
- Alternate email and/or phone no if provided
- Date joined
- Payment date of subscription
- Expiry date
- Payment amount
- Payment method eg PayPal, via website, cheque, Standing Order.
- If by SO, bank sends sort code but not account no.
- We see no credit card numbers or bank account numbers.
- Normally emailed, usually by Mailchimp which always has unsubscribe option, and can be replied to directly.
- Newsletter, approx. monthly. Contains info of exhibitions and opportunities to exhibit, outings, and classes/courses being held by SGS or third party organisations.
- Other information applying to all members eg AGM details
- Individual emails regarding subscription payments (especially if by Standing Order), exhibition submissions, outings details.
- Replies to queries, mostly from members but some from contact forms from website.